Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It was and all-in-one kind of day

WARNING: This is going to be a long post. Too many things happened in one day.

So, April 10th was what I would term an "All-in-One" day. Lucas was blessed. There was a luncheon afterwards which was great. Then we had our monthly get-together with an Easter Egg Hunt. It was crazy. People coming and going. Brian and Brett both surprised us and were there at the festivities. It was wonderful!!

Here's the group after the blessing. Too many people to list and some faces are hiding (not on purpose...I think).
I caught this cute picture of Neens with Lucas. She kept him in his whites for awhile afterwards. Gutsy to say the least but there were not any mishaps so it all worked out.
Look that furrow. She's looking at the camera as if to say, "What  you looking at fool?" Still cute though. You just have to smile!
 It was a cold day. Joni (our little St. Georgian) was not prepared for it. She had left her coat at her place in St. George. Somehow she conned Cory's suit coat off of him. She wrapped up in it and was good. Joni's friend Beth came up with her for a weekend away. Look at Brittney. She looks like she is freezing as well.
Spencer was showing me his little flower he found. Really, there is one there. Isn't he such a handsome little man?
Look at this other handsome man. He kept hiding from everyone by going around this little pillar. Both Lincoln and Spencer are such great big brothers.
This was right as we returned from Church. Micah, Spencer, and Sam were all out playing on the rocks in front of Mom's house. Micah is wearing her "Tangled" dress.
 Lincoln loves to talk on the phone now...real or play. I think during this call he was talking to Joni, even though Joni was sitting right there.
 Little Lucas asleep in his white blessing outfit.
 Check out beautiful Becky! Kambry really was having a good time. I must have caught her mid-blinking.
Look at this handsome couple. Brett had surprised us all by coming for the party. He had just flown in from Florida where he had been for training. It was unbelievable to have them all with us.
Janine had planned an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. She had a ton of eggs all filled with various candies, toys, and other items. To distract them while we set up the hunt (i.e. throwing the eggs around the backyard), I put "Tangled" on my iPad and gave it to Micah and Spencer to watch in the other room. It was so cute to watch them cuddle up on the sofa. One thing was certain: Micah knows "Tangled" by heart. She was saying the lines right before they were said in the movie. It was so cute.
Here's Bri with his new toy. He has bought a new camera. He was poised and ready to get a picture of the kids coming out. I decided to get a picture of that. He ended up turning the tables on me. Drat my slow camera.
The next few pics are of the hunt. There were a ton of eggs all over the backyard.
I took a ton of pictures while we were out there. It's hard to really describe but these kids were going crazy! They were running all over sometimes passing eggs just in the frenzy of it all. Look at Spencer's basket. It was full and not all the eggs were up yet. I think Janine went in and grabbed him another bag.
Even Zachary got into it. Joni had put a few eggs together that sounded like baby rattles. They were filled with loose Nerd candies.
Lincoln saw others shaking their eggs and started to check it out for himself. I love this photo. At least my camera caught it. I would have been sad if I had missed it. He walked around the backyard crouching down, picking up eggs, and shaking them.
Look at the haul!!
A good time was had by all, including the adults who snitched some of the candy as the eggs were being opened and emptied. Thanks Neens for the fun time.

No comments: