PREFACE TO THIS STORY: Before needing to do the driveway, I had decided that it was time to upgrade my bathtub/shower enclosure. I had pink ceramic tile which I hated. Anyone that knows me knows that I am not a pink person. I kept my curtain closed so I didn't have to look at it. Well, I had many people come and price it and decided that I would go with a cultured marble. I was all ready to go until the basement flooded. My bathroom went back onto the back-burner and the driveway came in front and center.
AND NOW THE REST OF THE STORY: So during the mess with the driveway, I was in my house. I went in to clean my bathroom, and while cleaning, I inspected a couple of what looked like either hair or future cracks. While I was feeling it with my thumb, my thumb went right through the crack and created a hole. BUMMER!!! Now I have another thing to fix.
Well, after a month and a half of baths only, I pulled the trigger on getting the bathroom fixed. I decided while I was at it, I would move from a two handle, old style faucets to a single handle manifold. One of my neighbors in my ward is a plumber and has done other projects for me. (This has been a huge help.) He came the night before and cut out the wall and replaced the plumbing. Now we are ready for marble. Here's how it looked after he was done.
One final look at the fiberglass wall, dumb shelving, nasty broken soap dish, and yucky pink tile. "Hey, hey, hey, goodbye!!"
The tile ended up coming out in sheets. It was a amazing. Well, this was after the tile and surround was out. Yes, you are seeing things right. Somewhere in the past, someone had both pink tile and matching pink walls. WOW!! That would have been nasty!!!
Everything all patched and ready. Now for the marble. I'm getting excited.
And here's the finished product: Isn't it beautiful?? I love it. I feel like my bathroom is taller and my enclosure wider. I had no idea how much the shelving unit in the fiberglass surround took up real estate. I now feel like I have a TON of room.
Here's how the other side turned out. I kept my shower head but everything else is new including the drain cover and the vent.
Overall, I am very pleased and it feels like my bathroom is the first room that I am completely satisfied. I think getting that old tile out really updated the look and feel of the bathroom. What do you think?
3 comments:
I LOVE IT!! It looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person. Way to go Alisa!!
I am just so glad you posted!!! FINALLY!!! YEs, I checked it faitfully and all I saw was "driveway" and now starting tomorrow I will want you to post again, heeheehee!!! I am glad you are pink free and happy with your end results of your bathroom. I think it looks great. Lincoln likes it too. I got a picture of him standing in front of it the other day we were over. (His idea. Love you and thanks for posting. I love it!!!
I love the new shower!! It makes your bathroom seem bigger. and I agree with Janine....it is about time that you posted!!
Post a Comment