Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lincoln Post-surgery

So poor little Lincoln had his tonsils and adenoids removed. He was one unhappy, miserable kid. I went over later that week and brought a surprise. I took some ice cream but also a couple of bunches of balloons.


No, I didn't forget Spencer. I got him a little bunch. He seemed happy to have is own set.

I hope the balloons brought a little joy to Lincoln. This was an actual smile. It was great! Mom said it was the first smile she had seen since before his surgery.

He was trying. Poor kid. I just wanted to hold him and love on him.

Spencer tied his balloons to the container of bubbles. At one point he put the container down on the ground and Lucas played with them.

Later in the evening, Janine brought out a bubble machine. Lincoln and Lucas loved it. (Spencer was in the other room watching "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.")

At one point, Lincoln put his face down so he was looking into the machine. Then the balloons would come up and pop on his face. Go figure!! It was fun to watch.

Look at Lucas...it looks like he is blowing that bubble. Just happened to be right in front when I snapped the picture. (This was another one that turned after uploading it. Don't understand. Sorry.)

After the bubbles it was time to go to bed. But as soon as I got there Spencer wanted to play Disney Yahtzee and we hadn't yet done it. So we decided to play really quick. Lincoln has a way of throwing the dice. He puts the cup in one hand, raises it high, and then puts the cup in the other hand and raises it high. Then he drops the dice. It was fun to watch because by this point in the evening he was done talking, done interacting really. He was starting to shut down.

Spencer was having a blast!

Look at this cute photo! Such a cute mother-son moment.

I am so glad that Lincoln is starting to feel better. It is a great blessing!

No comments: