There are so many times I stop and think, "Man, it's cool to be an aunt!"
I just received a call on the phone a few minutes ago. As soon as I heard, "Hi Seesah" I knew who it was. What a total surprise. I expected another little boy's voice on the phone. One who has called me many times. One with whom I have had 1/2 hour or longer conversations with. This was not Spencer on the phone (at least originally). "Hi Seesah!" There is only one little person who calls me "Seesah". It's so much fun to have Lincoln getting old enough to call and talk on the phone. On New Year's Day, we watched "Despicable Me." It's a cute movie. Well, with the movie Janine and Jason got one of the minions as a toy. When Lincoln saw it, he said, "apicable". It was the cutest thing. So then of course we all had to hear him say it again and again and again. "Apicable." "It's apicable." For the longest time this kid didn't talk. We knew he had it in him, but he wouldn't let it out. He didn't need to. Spencer is his older brother. But now that he's talking, it's so cute. Kevin's got him convinced that Grandma's name is "Oldie" of course it comes out, "Orldie." Spencer is still as cute as ever. It's always fun to talk to him. He was having a hard time not speaking over Lincoln. it's great to watch how Lincoln really looks to Spencer. They have such a good time together. Spencer is a very good big brother. I have a great time with these boys.
I look at Spencer and Lincoln and remember Cory and Zachary at that age. Stories of "water, that comes out of the mountain, and trees burn, and people die" (i.e. a story about lava). Watching an X-Man complete with fingers that served as Wolverine's knives that "Phoom"-ed out of the hands and every time with the saying, "I'm and X-Man. Phoom". Jumping off the furniture and zooming around the room. They are now getting more interested in videogames and girls. Pretty soon they are going to be on their missions. It's been so much fun to watch them grow up but it's going so fast! They are amazing young men! Looking at them I realize how fast time really does fly!!
Micah is a cutie who blows me away each time I see her. She is getting so big, and I don't mean that in a physical way. She is getting so tall...so beautiful. And yet she has a resiliency to her as well. She knows what she wants and doesn't let anyone get in the way. She shares everything. I have a lip gloss sitting on my coffee table right now that she gave me when we were at "Forgotten Carols." She insisted I have it even after I showed her I already had some lip gloss. She simply took my pouch that I keep my lip stuff in, added her lip gloss, and closed it up. After she continued to insist, I told her I would hold on to it so I had it when she came to visit.
I have many other nieces and nephews, many of whom are now adults and three have children of their own. It blows my mind. A couple live very far away (Georgia and Arizona) which is tough because I don't get to see them often.
I love all of my nieces and nephews and am very proud to be their aunt.
MAN, IT'S COOL TO BE AN AUNT!!
2 comments:
We love you Alisa!! thanks for being such an AWESOME Aunt and Sister in law!!
It is fun, isn't it! Although...I hate to admit it, but you are the favorite. There i said it and I can move on now...
Post a Comment