Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!!

The past couple of months have been so crazy. I am sorry that I haven't updated my blog lately. Let's catch up:

Well the biggest news of course was Kambry joining our family. It has been so much fun to watch Kevin and Tenille with her. They are the cutest parents and Kambry has successfully wrapped both of them around her little (long) pinkie finger. She is a growing every day and, while they have had a bit of a problem finding a good formula for her, they have it figured out and she has settled down. She is such a smiler and melts all of our hearts when she is around.

Halloween to now feels like it's been a major whirlwind. I love the holidays but every year it feels like it passes too fast!! Thanksgiving was wonderful. After that, it's been a bit of a blur.
  • Right after Thanksgiving, I went to the Oak Ridge Boys Christmas Concert with Dad and Marilyn. It was great!! We were up in the rafters and couldn't see the videos they were showing very well, but they still have it with their singing. It was great!
  • That Friday was our Ward Family Christmas Party. They decided to do both a family one (mainly for the kids) and an Adult one later in the month. I didn't make it for the Adult Christmas Party. It was on the 21st and, I'm sorry, but that week was entirely too busy!
  • December 11th was our annual tradition with Mom and family to go to "The Forgotten Carols". This show sets such a beautiful tone for the Christmas holiday. It's always interesting to see how Michael McLean changes the show each year. The past few years end on a very different tone than the years before. It used to end with such a high, happy feel. Lately, the show ends with a much deeper more sober feel. Beautiful either way.
  • The next week I went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert twice. David Archeletta was the guest vocalist. He did a fantastic job. This will definitely be a CD I buy next year. I must admit that I had never really heard David Archeletta sing. I am not an "American Idol" fan, so I had no real reference for what he sounded like. I knew he must be good because when he was on that show, that was all anyone really wanted to talk about. I was pleasantly surprised. He has a very clear voice.
  • The next week was Christmas week and finishing everything that needed to happen. I had in mind what I wanted to do for my mom and for my dad. I really wanted to make something. I was unable to finish Moms project and never got around to Dads gift. I felt so terrible because I had to give Moms gift to her unfinished. I have been working on it as I could since then. I'm nearly done and I am so happy.
  • We had our family Christmas party on the 23rd. It was fun to be with everyone. Spencer was going to come over and spend the night at my house. He was a bit excited...so excited that all evening he was ready to leave and go to Aunt Alisa's house. We had a lot of fun. Spencer is so cute. The next day we ran a few errands and Spencer melted the heart of more than one grumpy Christmas Eve shopper. He had decided to wish everyone he saw a "Merry Christmas." We walked around and he would smile, wave, and say "Merry Christmas." Between that and the jingle bells on his shoes, we were both having a great time!
  • Christmas morning was spent with Mom. That afternoon I went over to Dad's house. Both were a lot of fun! Christmas was a great day!!
  • In addition to all of this, December is a busy month for Primary as we start to organize for the new year. Preparing for the new year includes new classes, shifting kids, manuals, lists, CDs, teachers, etc, etc, etc. It's a lot to prepare for but we are ready to go (thank goodness since this Sunday is the first Sunday of January). We are off and running. Sunday will be interesting but we'll handle it. I've got a great presidency and each of them are such wonderful women and friends. We all get in there together and battle through the busy times. Our teachers are great, and the kids are a blessing. I love being down there with them. It's been five years, six programs, and I'm looking forward to another year with them.
Overall, this holiday season has been a great one. Lots of activity. Lots of family. Lots of snow (Unfortunately, we didn't have a white Christmas. Oh well, the snow came the day after and has been coming down since. It's been beautiful!). I've had almost a full week in jeans which has been strange. I was called in to work yesterday but now am off again until January 4th. I am looking forward to 2011. I'm so grateful for all of my blessings. I hope you each have a wonderful New Year's Eve and Day!! Happy New Year!! I hope 2011 brings loads of laughter, joy, love, warmth, and all that your heart desires.

Happy New Year!!!!

No comments: